In the News
Hurricane Florence Relief Efforts
9/19/2018 @ 5:00pm ET
Southview Family & Friends,
Below are a few important announcements regarding church activities and organized relief efforts within our church family and community:
* The Baptist State Convention of Alabama has graciously sent disaster relief and recovery assistance to our area, and we are hosting them at our facility. They are helping in two ways: (a) meal preparation in conjunction with the Red Cross and (b) disaster recovery efforts in the community.
* There is an immediate and ongoing need for food service volunteers beginning tomorrow, Thursday, Spetember 20, during lunch and dinner hours to assist in the distribution of meals on site at the church. Please click here to volunteer.
* If you know of someone in need of assistance in recovery efforts with their home, please contact 910-374-8926.
* We have a supply of quick preparation meals for families in need until they run out - one unit per family.
* We have a limited supply of buckets for cleaning efforts.
* There is a open information & safety meeting for church members and attenders interested in helping with disaster recovery efforts this Friday, September 21, at 7:00pm in the church sanctuary.
* Our normal Sunday schedule will resume this Sunday with the exception of the college group who will meet at 11:00am in the student lounge instead of 9:30am.
* Be mindful that our parking situation will be slightly different due to the presence of disaster relief and recovery efforts.
We look forward to seeing you all this Friday night and on Sunday,
Southview leadership & staff
9/17/2018 @ 12:00pm ET
Southview Family & Friends,
Due to the rising water in the Cape Fear and local creeks - ALL Wednesday night services for September 19th have been cancelled!
If you are a church member and have immediate issues from the storm we ask you to reach out to your assigned deacon - if you are an attendee and have immediate issues we ask you call the church office at (910) 424-1298.
If you don’t know your deacon, please feel free to call!
9/12/2018 @ 1:25pm ET
Southview Family & Friends,
With the impending hurricane approaching (https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/#Florence) and its increased strength and speed, church leadership would like to convey our heart-felt desire for all to make appropriate and wise plans whether you choose to evacuate or to stay. In this same manner, leadership deems it wisest to announce the following:
Praying for your safety,
Southview Baptist Church leadership & staff
Southview Students & the Newsboys United Tour
The Newsboys United tour is coming to Fayetteville on Thursday, October 18. The Student Ministry is considering group tickets ($20 per ticekt). Please complete this form to express interest in group tickets. A final decision on tickets will be made Thursday, September 13. All interested will be notified of the final result.
We are seeing a lot of new families attending our church and it is resulting in explosive growth in the nursery area. We are in need of 6-8 volunteers during the 11:00 service and 2-3 on Wednesday nights from 6:15 - 7:45 PM. If you are interested in getting more information, please contact Kelly Parsons at firstname.lastname@example.org or (910) 257-5807.
Children's Ministry Opportunities
The life of the church needs you! Teaching and non-teaching opportunities are available. No experience needed except a willingness to be trained and used by God. Please email email@example.com if interested in serving with our children's ministry.
Worship Ministry Opportunities
If you have a talent for singing, playing an instrument or are interested in learning things such as Audio/Visual skills, the SVBC Worship Ministry may just be the place for you. Please contact Pastor Scott Chatham @ firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Student Ministry Parents' Mixer, September 16
Stop by the student lounge after the 11 AM worship service on Sunday, September 16th for a brief 15 minute interaction with the annual student ministry plan. No RSVP required.
First Impressions Team
First Impressions provides a warm, welcoming environment for our guests, as well as members weekly. There are many opportunities to serve on: Parking Team, Hospitality Team, Welcome Center Team, Guide Team, Kiosk Team and Ushers Team. If you are interested in joining the First Impressions Team to serve on a rotating basis please email email@example.com.
Face to Faith Missions Team
The local outreach is in need of journey groups to help sponsor on the 2nd and 3rd Friday nights of the month. For more information, please contact Joe or Chris Waters.
Outreach to Carolina Rehab
Join others from Southview in reaching out to those at Carolina Rehab on Saturday, September 15 from 2:30-4:30 PM. Please see Mia Garcia for more information.
Missions Clean Up @ Camp Duncan (Aberdeen)
Join others from our church in Aberdeen on Saturday, September 22 at Camp Duncan to help the camp with clean up. Lunch will be provided by Camp Duncan. For more information or to sign up, see the bulletin board on the adult wing hallway.
Thanksgiving Basket Collections
The Missions Team at Southview are asking each journey group to sponsor at least one Thanksgiving basket to be collected on September 30. Baskets will be distributed to families in need through our associational office. A list of items needed and instructions can be found on the table outside of the sanctuary near the adult wing hallway.
Senior Pastor Search
The Pastoral Search Team has begun scheduling and conducting interviews with the candidates currently being considered for the role of Senior Pastor here at Southview Baptist Church. We are super excited to move into this next phase of the process and ask that you continue to pray simply that God’s will be done.
For continued updates, click on the “Pastor Search” tab on the church website. You can also submit questions/comments to: firstname.lastname@example.org.